Monday, February 22, 2016

Christmas



Christmas Eve at the Mortensen house is always the same thing. It is always Mexican and there is always Green Chili. One year when I was really little my mom tried to do Chinese and I guess it didn't go over well (the idea of change not the dinner) because we haven't had it since. 

The week of Christmas my parents' dishwasher broke- so the dishwasher was used for a drying rack and we spent a lot of time in front of that sink. 


Jay was obviously super helpful with dinner prep:) Kidding the fact that he moved between those pictures probably means he got up to help with something:)

Clean up.. means more dishes:)
We always have a Christmas family home evening, We sing songs, play some games, my dad reads the Christmas story. This year Jay convinced us to play murder in the dark.. which was too much for my pregnancy anxiety. (My levels of anxiety are normally high pregnancy has made them worse, which leaves me sobbing through anything too intense... Tangent I think I scared my sister with how hard I was crying in Bourne Ultimatum when the girl dies, I just could not handle it) But I managed to not cry during murder in the dark.. mostly because I was hiding behind Jason. 
 
 

And then Christmas morning in all it's glory. Jack gave Hanna a snuggy, which was pretty funny, and Jay gave our baby a Chargers jersey. Jason wasn't too excited about that but did laugh when he saw it. Christmas was wonderful, after presents we had breakfast and then stayed in pajamas the whole day watching movies and eating left overs. Jack did have to head back to Logan that morning for work (Which was lame) but we were gland to all be together for the first time since his mission. 



No comments:

Post a Comment