Thursday, February 11, 2016

Sherlock Holmes


 Our last day in England we headed back in to London and visited the Sherlock Holmes museum. It was actually a lot of fun. The whole home is set up how a typical home in London would have looked in the late 1800's early 1900's, and of course looks like the homes you see in the movies and tv show. We enjoyed walking through the house and seeing all the different rooms. I had to go to the bathroom while I was there and I am pretty sure the washroom was 100 years old.

After the museum we headed to Spitalfields Market for some antique shopping. The market has been there for centuries and is set up like the old markets you see in movies. We don't have a single picture from the market but we got some fun gifts for our family and a tea seat made from bone china I will one day pull out for my daughters to play with. We also ate lunch at this place called Giraffe, we still talk about that restaurant I had these amazing pot stickers and Jason a chicken sandwich.. they were both so good.

Ha.. there I am going off about the food again. But our last day in London was a lot of fun, we headed back to Lingfield early in the evening to spend time with my grandparents and to pack, we ate dinner with them and walked around the temple grounds.









 On the top floor they had these creepy wax figurines from some of the Sherlock Holmes stories. It was cool because I have read all the stories and I enjoyed remembering some of them, but they creeped me out. They were way to life like.

 Um.. I used this toilet...



No comments:

Post a Comment