Thursday, February 18, 2016

24

So I am just going to continue playing catch-up because lately we take a million pictures and this is the perfect place to store them all, so bear with me as I have few more "throwback" posts.

24... I still can't believe I am that old. For some reason the entire time I was 23 I was dreading turning 24, and I never really figured out why. Maybe because this year I turn 25, or I am no longer in my early 20's? I don't know. But being with my family made the day pretty perfect. Jason and I woke up rather early (I have lost my ability to sleep in since being pregnant) and went upstairs to wait patiently for everyone else to wake up for breakfast. Which turned out to be a bad idea because I came very close to having a round of morning sickness. As I sat in the bathroom trying to not throw up I kept thinking "It's my birthday I refuse to throw up today" Luckily I kept it under control and made it through.

Eventually my mom got up and made poached eggs for my dad and I. I love poached eggs but I have a fear of actually making them myself. And no one else in my family really likes them besides my dad. Jason wont even try them, it's the second time my mom has made me one since we got married and I can never convince him to even take a bite. 

I then went and woke up my brother and sister for birthday presents. My parents got me maternity clothes (thank goodness) and Jason got me the cutest pair of baby Nikes. We both pull them out every once in awhile to look at how cute they are. We spent the rest the morning with no real plan, just hanging out till my dad decided we needed to go into town for pizza.

After lunch we came home and I got to pick the movies. We started off with Sense and Sensibility and no one complained. Jay even sat the whole way through and actually watched (which is big for a 17 year old I think) and ended our evening with Please Don't Eat the Daisies. 

In between the movies we had the BEST dinner; steak, potatoes, rolls, and homemade sodalicious... because I can't handle not having half and half in my soda anymore, and for dessert lemon ice cream pie. 
I think 24 was my best birthday yet, and I can hardly believe that by my next birthday we will have a baby I am already planning it- I think a trip to the Tucson Zoo will have to happen:)






 


No comments:

Post a Comment