Tuesday, February 9, 2016

"If One Could But Go to Brighton!"


I think that everyone who has read, or even watched, Pride and Prejudice has probably always wanted to go to Brighton. I thought Brighton would be fun to visit because I had never been there and there is a pier that has a little boardwalk with rides, and I knew Jason would love that. I had also heard about the shops were fun to visit. Unfortunately it was another wet day and the pier was not open. We did make our way down to the shore though and saw the Atlantic Ocean and found out later that we also saw a portion of the English Channel.
By the time we made it down to the ocean we were wet and cold, the shops weren't open so we decided to head back to the station and head back home. On our way back Jason got yelled at as a man (who was being sent out of a pub) asked Jason for a farthing in a really thick accent. Jason couldn't understand him and responded with "Sorry I speak English" The man was not happy about that and yelled at us all the way up the street. 
We got back to the station and saw that the train we wanted to take left in 3 minutes we decided to see if we could catch it and hurried to the platform, to our surprise it was still there but the doors were closed to all the carriages which normally means the train was about to leave. We start hustling and Jason starts running down the platform.. I think to find a carriage that was still open. I stopped at the closest one and pressed the button to open the door and quickly got on. But then I realized that Jason might not make it, so I start hurrying down and finally find him standing outside obviously looking for me confused. I open the door and he hurried on. Only we then realize that we had already missed the train we wanted and the train we were on left in a half hour. So our panic was for nothing:)

We went back to my grandparent's showered and got ready to do a temple session. It was fun to be there with my grandparents, and after the session we got a behind the scenes tour. These pictures are from the night before we left England, because after our session it was still raining so we decided to take pictures a different day, and I am glad we did because it was so beautiful.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment