Monday, February 8, 2016

Stonehenge


The day we headed to Stonehenge we had a typical English day. Wet. Really the last few days we were in England were all the same, I had never been in so much rain. We took the train that morning to Salisbury and then caught a double decker bus to the site. We sat up top and both could not believe that our huge bus fit on those little streets.
 

Stonehenge really is quite breathtaking, they had built a new visitors center since I was last there and it is really nice. It was set up for more walking then when I had been there before, and I am sure on a nice day it's a lovely walk, but by the time we made it to the visitors center to pick up our tickets we were already soaked through. We don't have a lot of pictures from this day because of the rain but the few we did take are some of my favorites. It may have been wet but it is gorgeous to look back on.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment