Saturday, February 6, 2016

Stratford-upon-Avon

After our afternoon in Oxford we went to Stratford-upon-Avon. The weather was wet the whole day but I find I really love those English rainy days. We started off at William Shakespeare's home and ended the day at Anne Hathaway's cottage. The cottage was neat because the Hathaways have owned the home for hundreds and hundreds of years. I was disappointed it was pouring rain by then because I did want to see the farm and the gardens.  



They kept their fancy beds in the living space because it was a luxury to have a bed and they didn't actually sleep in the bed.

We ended the tour of Shakespeare's home with a few actors acting out Romeo and Juliet in the courtyard.
Main street- we had fun popping in and out of the shops.
Shakespeare's home from the front.




Anne Hathaway's home, Jason dropped me trying me to help off this giant basket:)
Anne Hathaway's cottage







signing the book in Shakespeare's home- people used to sign the window they now encourage you to sign the book instead.

giving my feet a break whenever I could.



We bought our baby a Peter Rabbit book from this shop.
We escaped the rain with a river cruise up the river Avon.




No comments:

Post a Comment